[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Recorder through a Proxy

Gopalakrishnan A.N saigop at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 11:14:10 UTC 2011

If I understood correctly, when you are introducing proxy server in between
two SIP peers lets say If you introducing Asterisk server in between peers
then you can use Monitor application to record the conversation.

also for PSTN lines you need to use some FXO/FXS cards so that all channels
(conversation) are recorded through the Monitor application in Asterisk
server.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Danny Dias <ing.diasdanny at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello my friends,
>
> I have a requeriment, which indicates that i have to record every SIP
> conversation between peers (also for callings to the PSTN); the
> recording server will be built for our company following this
> requeriments (also requested for the client):
>
> My doubt is: How can i handle sip conversations recording when all the
> calls are passing through a Proxy Server? I do understand that the
> media is always peer to peer and the signaling goes through the Proxy,
> but in this case the media not only has to pass between the peers
> because it must be recorded.
>
> How should i handle this?

Thank you  with regards,
Gopalakrishnan A.N.