[SIPForum-discussion] SIP and SOAP

t8amab00 at students.oamk.fi t8amab00 at students.oamk.fi
Sat Jan 8 16:25:50 UTC 2011

Session management is a critical issue when large volume of data needs
to transmit in real-time.   SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) is
built up HTTP, so its session management is not sufficient for this
type of applications due to its duration management and overhead. SIP
(Session Initiation Protocol) is well-known for flexibility in session
management. So, how can I choose the way to integrate SOAP and SIP
which allows SOAP to rely on SIP for session management and
communication. In other word, how can I use both SOAP and SIP in same
network, and is it possible to built a small network with some laptops
and desktops and two mobile phones in classroom to demonstrate it.
what kind of applications (software) do I need.

I really appreciate your help very much. Thank you a lot.