[SIPForum-discussion] voice mail server specification document

arun kumar aforarun2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 18:24:45 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I want to know about the functionality of a SIP voice mail server(VMS) in a 3G
MSC. In general a VMS will have ss7 interface towards a MSC, but in my work
environment i'm supposed to work on a SIP based VMS. Can someone brief about the
call flow and SMS handling in a SIP based VMS coupled to a 3G MSC. Also suggest
me what is the specification document i should refer to. It would also be useful
if the features of the SIP VMS in a real 3G network is explained.

Regards,
Arun
\aforarun2001 at yahoo.com