[SIPForum-discussion] Transactions in basic call hold scenario

Rohan Almeida almeida.rohan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 05:08:20 UTC 2011

yes there will be 7 transactions is basic call hold scenario.
but actual number of transactions can vary depending on the system
architecture.
consider a scenario where in you have music on hold played from a media
server(MRF)

invite
ack
re-invite with c=0.0.0.0 (put call on hold)
ack
re-invite  (connect to music on hold)
ack
re-invite (take call off hold)
ack
bye

the number of transactions will vary in such scenarios.

regards,
Rohan Almeida