[SIPForum-discussion] SIP over TCP

Raghul Prasanna raghul82 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 8 20:38:49 UTC 2011

Ok I am pasting my previous mail again, I have never used SIP over TCP, so was looking for
'Is SIP over TCP useful in NAT scenario?
How often does a TCP session time out or this depends on UA's settings.
Say if an UA behind NAT initiates the SIP session over TCP, if the TCP session times out I believe the call will get disconnected correct?
Are there any advantages using TCP over UDP in SIP NAT scenario? Please explain.'
Thanks,Raghul