[SIPForum-discussion] How to check from wireshark::SIP I or SIP T call

Amit Ranjan Sahu amitranjansahu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 04:44:59 UTC 2011

Hi ,

There is such way to know exactly if its a sip t or sip i on wire.

But the other ways are there

SIP-T was developed by the IETF -- the same body that developed the
SIP protocol itself -- around the same time the most recent version of
SIP was being developed (mid-2002). It is defined by RFC 3372, RFC
3398, RFC 3578, and RFC 3204.

And the 3gpp group follows SIP T standard

So if your product supports and is partner in 3gpp then SIPT is
implemeneted in your network .
Also in your message you can see the ethernet frame where the dest is
ITEF hardware

Destination: IETF-VRRP-VRID_fe (00:00:5e:00:01:fe)

So it must be a SIP T message.

Thanks
Amit