[SIPForum-discussion] Codec G729 annexb issue

amit salunkhe amitsalunkhe21 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:35:42 UTC 2011

Dear All

We have following scenario

user A
-------------------->SBC1--------------------->SBC2---------------------->user

Where user A sending calls with codec G729b (annex b) only, SBC 1 pass that
call to SBC 2 to user B.

Based on user B response SBC 2 response SBC 1 return 183 session progress
with SDP to which reaching user A.

In this 183 response SBC 2 returning G729 codec but *annexb=no*, as per
wireshark trace we can see in 183 annexb=no in SBC 2 183 reply.

Based on this reply Use A simply cancel that call with SIP Cancel message?

Please tell me is this correct behavior of User A?

any other possibilities of canceling of this call transaction?

Regards
Amit --