[SIPForum-discussion] B2BUA call flow.

Xavi Milà xavi.mila at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 05:38:12 UTC 2011

Hi Sunitha,

the B2BUA concept as per RFC3261 [1] implies that a *new* request is
generated by the B2BUA acting as a UAC, establishing a new dialog, hence the
"outleg" you mention will contain a NEW Call-ID, different from the Call-ID
that appears in the "inleg". This is what I mean when I say that a B2BUA
splits the dialog. So, for a call flow where a B2BUA is involved -- like the
one you show -- this should be, as far as I know, the default behavior,
whenever you want and you need to change the Call-ID.

Regards,
-Xavi

[1] B2BUA definition in RFC3261

*
*

*Back-to-Back User Agent: A back-to-back user agent (B2BUA) is a logical
entity that receives a request and processes it as a user agent server
(UAS).  In order to determine how the request should be answered, it acts as
a user agent client (UAC) and generates requests.  Unlike a proxy server, it
maintains dialog state and must participate in all requests sent on the
dialogs it has established.  Since it is a concatenation of a UAC and UAS,
no explicit definitions are needed for its behavior.*