[SIPForum-discussion] CLIP in SIP

Neeraj Kumar Gupta gupta.neerajkumar at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 17:45:28 UTC 2010

Hi ,

SIP client extract CLIP from FROM header not from PAI. PAI contain calling
line number.
PAI is mandatory header in IMS network.

PAI and FROM header will have same value when Calling Line have same
presentation Number, If calling line like to have different presentation
number then PAI value will be Calling number and FROM will be presentation
number.
  Business Case :- When subscriber having multiple terminal but like to
present his main number when calling to any one.

When call is going to untrusted network then PAI header will be removed

Privacy:-  In IMS privacy header have two value privacy: id,user that means
CLIR for privacy on ID and user both in this case

             FROM header will be like
"anonymous"<anonymous at anonmyous.invalid.com>
<anonymous at anonmyous.invalid.com%3E>

Please let me know if you have any doubt.
Thanks,
Neeraj