[SIPForum-discussion] Reasons for SIP response 501 not implemented

amit salunkhe amitsalunkhe21 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 20:58:58 UTC 2010

Dear All

Please help me with the diffrent reasons due to which call fail with SIP
response 501 not implemented.As oper the RFC 3261 *SIP 501 we can expect
when a UAS does not recognize the request method and is not capable of
supporting it for any user.*

Alos is there any chance Caller id or from header value can create problem,
for example if my caller id is amit223 or amit22* or 1224asdf* whther such
Caller id ceate the problem & call may failed fromfar end with SIP 501 not
implemnted?

Please help em with this.

Regards
Amit Salunkhe