[SIPForum-discussion] 180 Ringing not generated

AMIT ANAND amiit.anand at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 13:36:36 UTC 2010

Hi Vidhya,

Ideally Ring should be generated from the last end ( Final Destination ) or
the actual called party. You can not do much trouble shooting at your end ,
you could only show this to your next hop if that is also belongs to your
company then to next hop to that.

One possible reason might be that called party is not generating 180 or its
getting lost in network ( which wont happen every time ) or your server is
not processing 180 ( For this you need to capture the packets coming in from
next hop)

But if they are not sending then you can not do much trouble shooting.

Hope this helps

Cheers

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 1:04 PM, vidhya gopalan <vidhyagcse at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am just a beginner in SIP. I am sending a INVITE from one of the
> endpoints, but the other endpoint doesnt send 180 Ringing back. wat could be
> the possible reason for failure.

Thanks
Amit Anand