[SIPForum-discussion] DTMF on SIP

Rob Maxwell maxwell.robert at tx.rr.com
Mon Sep 6 19:23:05 UTC 2010

         1.How to find the DTMF option is accepting while making a call through sip gateway ?

don't understand the question

          2.Is there any relation between codec and DTMF signaling?

Some....

G729 only supports RFC2833
G711 supports both OOB and 2833 signaling.

          3.Will the DTMF will get reverse? i.e if we enter the digit 1234 will it reply as 4321?
No.

RFC 4733 might be able to help you.  For background, you can refer to RFC 2833, which I believe  was obsoleted by RFC 4733.

          1.How to find the DTMF option is accepting while making a call through sip gateway ?
          2.Is there any relation between codec and DTMF signaling?
          3.Will the DTMF will get reverse? i.e if we enter the digit 1234 will it reply as 4321?

Thanks,
Murali