[SIPForum-discussion] c-seq value in SIP call

Ruben Roque decruzreuben at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 04:25:31 UTC 2010

Hi Murali,

Cseq is used for the following purpose:
1) It serves as a way of ordering requests and responses in a dialog.
2) The RFC also talks of Cseq as being used to identify a transaction.
Although branch parameter in VIA takes care of identifying transactions, I
am not sure how Cseq helps in identifying a transaction -- U will need to
confirm this.

It only increments for each new request within a dialog. As mentioned in
your below mail, the BYE request has a Cseq of 2 because it is a new request
within a dialog and hence it is incremented.

Kindly get back to me incase of any queries.

Thanks and Regards,
Reuben Decruz

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 10:12 PM, murali shankar <murali.elangovan at gmail.com