[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Client-Server interaction!

andre heller andre.heller1 at gmx.de
Fri Oct 15 13:19:59 UTC 2010

Hi,
I have implemented a SIP Client and was testing with a SIP Server in my case I made Trixbox to actlike a Server.

I am trying to furnish the details using Wireshark or I can say I am furnishing the how the communication took place between Client and Server.

SIP CLIENT                     SIP SERVER

	SIP Request:INVITE
 ------------------------------------>

	SIP Status: 100 Trying
 <------------------------------------

	SIP/SDP Status: 200 OK
 <------------------------------------

	SIP Request:ACK
 ------------------------------------>

	SIP/SDP Status: 200 OK
 <------------------------------------

	SIP/SDP Status: 200 OK
 <------------------------------------

	SIP/SDP Status: 200 OK

	SIP/SDP Status: 200 OK

here my question is even though the client have sent the ACK, still the Server is sending 200 OK until the timeout.

What do you guys think, am I missing something here. By the way it is SIP/UDP.

Regards,
Andre
--
GRATIS! Movie-FLAT mit über 300 Videos.