[SIPForum-discussion] Call Failed with SIP 486 Busy for G.723 codec

Sam u2nsam at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 16:41:35 UTC 2010

Hi Amit,

It happens that the cause code mapping is wrong for different carrier and
they dont follow the standard mapping,
mapping can be changed for instance the for SIP 503 i have see providers
returing with cause code 480, all this possibilities happens because of grey
market.

Some providers initiate 180/183 when call reaches their gateway to cut down
the PDD and if the call is failing with no channels it should now return the
code 503 ; in such situation you will receive ring for some duration and the
503.

Codec has nothing to do with cause code 486 ( only if the provider's cause
code mapping is wrong !)

Regds
Sam