[SIPForum-discussion] New to SIP

Michael Reynolds mreynol5 at mkrpro.com
Fri May 21 18:14:48 UTC 2010

I am building a small UAC client that will register itself on the SIP server
then will send a NOTIFY for the purpose of lighting a message waiting light
on the SIP enabled handsets.  I have studied the specification along with
several other documents but remain a little confused about how to actually
register and initiate this conversation.  Here I what I believe to be the
process but can anyone correct my errors?

1.      Register (how do I actually send this to the SIP REGISTRAR server)

2.      Invite (do I include the IP of my machine?  It is not a soft phone)

3.      Await response 2XX

4.      Send NOTIFY <data> to light the light (again to where do I send this
information)

Do I need to obtain a ".NET" library to accomplish this?

Many thanks.

Michael Reynolds

CrystalVoice, LLC

Tel: 772-539-9034