[SIPForum-discussion] Record- Route

Vijay Tiwari vijay11tiwari at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 07:04:10 UTC 2010

Hello Dileep

its depend on what kind of proxies it is. record-route header with used by
statefull proxy. because if proxy connected through billing engine then
proxies has to now when UA send the bye request to calculate the talk time,
this is one example... you can find more as well.
other example like call forwarding, call transfer like more.....

Thanks
vijay
On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Dileep Ravindran <
dileepravindran at tataelxsi.co.in> wrote:

>  Thank You Amit!
>  Can Please tell me y proxies do this what is the purpose behind.  I mean
> why a proxy whould request a response or Method to traverse through it ??
>

> Thanks
> Dileep

They can because they think they can.