[SIPForum-discussion] user=phone problem

Pranab Bohra pranab.bohra at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 16:32:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

The userinfo part of the SIP URI should conform TEL URI (rfc 3966)
after you added "user=phone" parameter.

According to 3966, the telephone-subscriber (i.e. userinfo part of SIP
URI) can be a global number or local number.
A global number MUST start with "+" and a local number MUST include
the phone-context parameter.
Therefore in your case, after the addition of user=phone parameter,
the URI is no more compliant with the standard and probably that is
the reason why the request is rejected by the far end.

If possible, try changing the Request-URI to something like:
Request-URI: sip:0137780434;phone-context=ims.tm.com.my;user=phone

OR

Request-URI: sip:+0137780434;user=phone

Cheers,
Pranab