[SIPForum-discussion] From header of Invite w/o SDP after a call transfer

mustafa aydin mustafaydin82 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 10:45:14 UTC 2010

Hi Guys,

I am new in this forum, but I have already learned lots of things while reading the ongoing discussions. Thanks a lot !!!

I have a question regarding the invite without SDP;

Lets say A makes an in-site call  to B and B blind transfers A to C through a SIP trunk. I see an invite without SDP from PBX to C, my question is regarding the "from" header in this scenario. Whose directory number should populate in from header (A`s or B`s ?) ? Right now, I see the B`s directory number in from header and A`s directory number is in "history" header. Is it a correct behaviour ? I digged into the RFCs and found that  A`s number should be populated in "from" header" for a Refer scenario, that`s why I got a little bit confused.

A ----> B ----sip trunk ---->C

Thanks in advance!!!!

Best Regards,
Mustafa Aydin