[SIPForum-discussion] IPv4 to IPV6 call -What will ve Connection parmeter Ip address in SDP

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jun 4 09:25:52 UTC 2010

On 06/03/2010 08:29 AM, bhanu gowda wrote:

> I am having some doubts on IPV6 related SIP scenrios please calrify
>
> 1>If i am making call from IPV4 UA----->IPV6 UA & press Flash to make
> Call hold what will connection parameter conatins i.e whether IPv4  or
> IPv6 address
>
> 2>Same scenrioas above from IPV6 to IPV4 UA.

It is not possible for an IPv4 UA and an IPv6 UA to communicate with
each other directly, since they aren't using the same network protocol.
Unless at least one of the UAs is dual-stack (in which case the
connection would be made using a single network protocol), there will
have to be some sort of B2BUA or very capable proxy in between to
manipulate the requests and responses between the endpoints.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com