[SIPForum-discussion] CANCEL with reliable response ...

Murali Vuppandla mvuppand at cisco.com
Wed Jun 2 13:03:06 UTC 2010

There are two SIP nodes A and B. A sends an INVITE with 100rel tag in
Supported header. B sends 180 reliably with 100rel in Require header. A
would like to CANCEL the call at this particular point of time.

What should be the actual behavior of B now
 Should it go-ahead and
terminate the call immediately by responding to CANCEL or should it wait for
PRACK and then terminate the call ??

Here is the call flow observed in my lab.

A                                        B

        INVITE

     ----------------------------------->

        180 Ringing(reliable)

    <------------------------------------

         CANCEL

   -------------------------------------->

          200OK

   <----------------------------------------

            PRACK

             200OK

              487

                 ACK

Please clarify me the  behaviour of B in this scenario.

Regards,

Murali.