[SIPForum-discussion] Call Id Header Value Difference

ashu sinha shsinha3 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 12:52:03 UTC 2010

Hi All,

           I am using Genesys Sip Server and Stream Manager.I have tried
with X-lite Beta Version and my java client developed on JAIN SIP. The call
establishment and other functionalities are working properly with X-lite but
call establishment is even not happening with my java client when Stream
Manager comes into picture.

The correct flow is :-

1) INVITE request to SIP Server from java client 4001

2) INVITE request to Stream Manager from SIP Server

Then after 200 OK and ACK, call establishes between SIP Server and Stream
Manager.

3) INVITE request from Sip Server to other end Java client 4002 and after
Ringing and 200 OK there is establishment.

4) Then BYE goes from SIP Server to Stream Manager .Upto this point my Java
Client and X-lite is behaving exactly the same.

After this  (5)*INVITE request goes from Sip Server to my first
client(4001),* where the call-id is different from the very first INVITE
from 4001 to Sip Server. *But, in X-lite here is the call-id is the same and
here is the problem.*

For making it same , I first removed the Call Id Header from the INVITE
request(from Sip Server to 4001) and created the new Call Id Header with its
value same as what was going in initial INVITE request, which I was saving
in a Hash Map.

I wanted to know, is this the correct way? Or Sip Server will get confused
with this as I am changing the call id sending by it.

Please provide helpful suggestions so that I can go further with JAIN SIP.

Thanks in advance.