[SIPForum-discussion] Doubts in SIP

Nitin Kapoor nitinkapoorr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 18:10:02 UTC 2010

Sathya,

SIP definitely follows OSI reference model. SIP is said to be “Application
layer” protocol because it closely resembles the semantics of application
layer protocols like HTTP.

SIP: combination of application and session layers

SDP: session and presentation

TCP/USP: Transport

IP: Network

Apart from please go through the below link to check out the codec detail.

http://www.voipthink.com/codec/codecs.php

Thanks,

Nitin Kapoor