[SIPForum-discussion] End-to-End Authentication Using SIP

Couret Tabt courettabt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 17:44:01 UTC 2010

Dear folks,

SIP has some mechanisms for hop by hop authentication.
For example,
REGISTER has user-sip server (e.g.registrar) authentication
mechanism and INVITE has sender-proxy authentication
mechanism in RFC3261.
In  RFC4474, we have the authentication mechanism
that a receiver(or receiver side proxy) authenticate a sender
using PKI system that has a sender side(usually sender
side proxy has it).

Then do you know how a receiver side proxy authenticate
a right receiver(that is NOT spoofed) and vice versa?

If it is possible, as a result, we make end-to-end
authentication in SIP, I think.

If you know any way or documents (proceedings, papers,...)
written about it, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tabt