[SIPForum-discussion] SIP question

Nitin Kapoor nitinkapoorr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 18:02:28 UTC 2010

Vijay,

I am not sure if this thing can answer to your query. But i know one thing
which i did months ago which was somewhere the quite same as your query.

It is possible in the case of DND(Do Not Disturb). Suppose the callee's end
system was contacted successfully but the callee is currently
unavailable(for example, is not logged in. logged in but in state that
precludes communication with the callee. or has activated "DO NOT DISTURB"
feature). In this scenario the response may indicate a better time to call
in the "RETRY-AFTER" header field. The user could also be available
elsewhere(unbeknownst to this server). The reason phrase should indicate a
more precise cause as to why the callee is unavailable. This value should be
settable by the UA. Status 486(Busy Here) may be used to more precisely
indicate a particular reason for the call failure.

Thanks,
Nitin Kapoor