[SIPForum-discussion] how user agent knows that standby server isnow active?

Anthony Orlando avorlando at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 15 03:01:04 UTC 2010

I agree with Aaron :).  It really depends on the implementation of the server and it's redundancy mechanism.  One server we worked with had active-active config.  If one side of the cluster went down the other node took over the VIP and there was no notice to the UAC

Another server I currently work with is handled with DNS as stated by Aaron.

Anthony