[SIPForum-discussion] Record-Route and Route headers

sreekant nair sreekant_nair at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 10 16:37:48 UTC 2010

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the information, however I have to disagree slightly with your inputs.

As per the draft-rosenberg-sip-route-construct-02 it states that clients may use "pre-existing route.. set configured on the UA by a user or service provider manually, or through some other non-SIP mechanism." The draft describes a way to get the route using SIP which, is the method you stated.

My requirement is that even the initial request (for e.g. REGISTER) must follow the route mentioned. Therefore I have to have the UA1 include the route header which can only be known using pre-programmed routes.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards
Sreekant