[SIPForum-discussion] Record-Route and Route headers

Vijay Tiwari vijay11tiwari at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 10:12:41 UTC 2010

Hello Sreekant

U1  -> P1  -> P2  -> U2

Yes you can you both header in  P1  -> P2 legs.

but i want to includes some thing before you made any conclusion. one thing
i want to say that  first proxies add record-route header field into invite
message then send invite message to UAS(U2) and  then UAS(U2) send back  180
and 200 response to proxies and UAC with record-route header field and when
UAC(U1) received record-route headers then UAC add route header into next
all subsequent requests.

so U1 could not send route header field at first intense. so receiving
record-route from proxies and UAS in 180 and 200 response after that U1 send
route header field into next subsequent.

Thanks
Vijay

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 3:44 AM, sreekant nair <sreekant_nair at yahoo.com>wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> I have a question with respect to Record-Route and Route headers.
>
> Is it possible for SIP messages to have both a Record-Route Header AND a
> Route header in the same message?
> This is my scenario
>
> U1  -> P1  -> P2  -> U2
>
> Where
> U1 : User Agent 1
> U2 : User Agent 2
> P1 : Proxy 1
> P2 : Proxy 2
>
> Is it valid to construct the messages in the following format( Note: I use
> symbolic representations)
>
> U1 -> P1
> INVITE: U2 at domain.com
> VIA : U1.X.Y.Z
> Route: P1.A1.B1.C1;lr
> Route: P2.A2.B2.C2;lr
>
> P1 -> P2
> INVITE: U2 at domain.com
> VIA : P1.A1.B1.C1
> VIA : U1.X.Y.Z
> Record-Route: P1.A1.B1.C1;
> Route: P2.A2.B2.C2;lr
>
> P2 -> U2
> INVITE: U2 at domain.com
> VIA : P2.A2.B2.C2
> VIA : P1.A1.B1.C1
> VIA : U1.X.Y.Z
> Record-Route: P2.A2.B2.C2
> Record-Route: P1.A1.B1.C1
>
> Is it valid to have both a Route and Record-Route headers in the P1->P2 leg
> of the
>
> Thanks in advance to all in response.
>
> Regards
> Sreekant Nair