[SIPForum-discussion] diff between req URI & To header

M. Ranganathan mranga at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 00:15:28 UTC 2010

Or put another way:

The To address is an Address Of Record. As a sip request is routed
through multiple proxy servers from UAC to UAS, the To header is never
re-written by the proxy server but the request URI address can be
re-written.

Notice that a Back To Back user agent can re-write anything it wants to.

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 2:47 AM, Nitin Kapoor <nitinkapoorr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mrinal,
>
> The To header field identifies the original recipient of the request
> designated by the user identified in the From field. The original recipient
> may or may not be the UAS processing the request, due to call forwarding or
> other proxy operations.
>
> However, the Request-URI identifies the UAS that is to process the request.
>
> And according To RFC..
>
> Request-URI
>
> The Request-URI is a special form of SIP URI and indicates the resource to
> which the request is being sent, also known as the
> request target
>
> TO Header
>
> The To header field is a required header field in every SIP message used to
> indicate the recipient of the request. Any responses generated by a user
> agent will contain this header field with the addition of a tag.
>

> Thanks,
> Nitin Kapoor
>
> 2010/1/1 mrinal k <mrinal.80 at gmail.com>
>>
>> Hello everybody,
>> Can anybodty pls tel me the diff between Request  URI & To header?
>>

>> thanks
>> Mrinal

M. Ranganathan