[SIPForum-discussion] Regarding Unsupported URI

Ravi Ranjan Sinha ravi.sinha at aricent.com
Thu Feb 11 21:24:39 UTC 2010

Hello,

Please find my view online.

Regards,
Ravi SINHA

________________________________
From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of lakhan patel [lakhan.p at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 10:46 PM
To: SIP Forum
Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] Regarding Unsupported URI

Hi All,

                                              SUB A             B2BUA              SUB B
                                                   |    REGISTER     |                        |
                                                   |----------------------->|                        |
                                                   |     200 OK         |                        |
                                                   |<-----------------------|                        |
                                                   |                         |     REGISTER   |
                                                   |                         |<----------------------|
                                                   |                         |      200 OK       |
                                                   |                         |---------------------->|
  Receive an INVITE request           |  INVITE W/SDP|                         |
with Unsupported URI scheme       |----------------------->|                        |
                                                   | 416 Unsupp URI|                        |
    Sends a 416 Unsupported          |<----------------------|                        |
        URI scheme response           |                         |                       |

In this call flow SUB-A is sending INVITE request with unsupported URI for that SUB-A receive  "416 Unsupported URI scheme,

1. Can any one tell me, Do SUB-A need to send ACK  for 416?

2. What should be the behavior of B2BUA when SUB-A doesn't ACK for 416?

Do we need to send ACK for every 4xx response?

In this scenario SUB-A sending unsupported URI in INVITE request, What happen when it send unsupported URI in REGISTRATION itself?

Again do SUB-A need to ACK for 416?

Thank you all in advance for responding my query :)

--
Thanks & Regards
Shivlakhan Patel

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."