[SIPForum-discussion] Regarding Unsupported URI

lakhan patel lakhan.p at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 17:16:45 UTC 2010

Hi All,

                                              SUB A
B2BUA              SUB B
                                                   |    REGISTER
|                        |

|----------------------->|                        |
                                                   |     200 OK         |

|<-----------------------|                        |

|     REGISTER   |

|<----------------------|

|      200 OK       |

|---------------------->|
  Receive an INVITE request           |  INVITE W/SDP|

with Unsupported URI scheme       |----------------------->|

                                                   | 416 Unsupp URI|

    Sends a 416 Unsupported          |<----------------------|

        URI scheme response           |                         |

In this call flow SUB-A is sending INVITE request with unsupported URI for
that SUB-A receive  "416 Unsupported URI scheme,

*1. Can any one tell me, Do SUB-A need to send ACK  for 416?
2. What should be the behavior of B2BUA when SUB-A doesn't ACK for 416?

Do we need to send ACK for every 4xx response?*

*In this scenario SUB-A sending unsupported URI in INVITE request, What
happen when it send unsupported URI in REGISTRATION itself?
Again do SUB-A need to ACK for 416?*

Thank you all in advance for responding my query :)

--
Thanks & Regards
Shivlakhan Patel
Email: lakhan.p at gmail.com, lakhan.p at hotmail.com