[SIPForum-discussion] Bye responce

Chittaranjan Panda cpanda at transcomus.com
Tue Feb 9 07:04:05 UTC 2010

Hi Sam,

To avoid this kind of scenario , there are few mechanism are there.
Session timer is there.

To check the session existence UAC or UAS. sends the Re-INVITE or update
in a negotiated interval.
If receiving end sends 200 OK means the session exists. If 481 response
then the session doesn't exists.

This is to avoid hung calls which happens due to missing release events
in network.

Thanks,
-Chitta