[SIPForum-discussion] Sip Discussion : Authentication

vikas jain vikas31jain at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 13:50:44 UTC 2010

As per JSR 289 the below methods are used in Authentication of Servlet
Initiated Requests(17.10)

   - AuthInfo.addAuthInfo(int statusCode, java.lang.String *realm*,
   java.lang.String userName, java.lang.String passWord)

Adding thh Authinformation into AuthInfo Object.

   1. SipServletRequest.addAuthHeader(SipServletResponse challengeResponse,
   AuthInfo *authInfo*)
   2. SipServletRequest.addAuthHeader(SipServletResponse challengeResponse,
   java.lang.String userName,java.lang.String passWord)

Can use any 1 of the above in order to add the AuthHeader.

If I am using 2nd method then the same does not contains realm
information.Then from where the realm information comes ?
if reamls comes from challengeresponse then what is the use of passing realm
while adding auth information in AuthInfo object.

As I am new in SIP, From where i will get good information regarding
"Authentication (with all possible callflows)" in simple language apart from
RFC's and JSR.

Thanks,
Vikas Jain