[SIPForum-discussion] Would the fax call fail if there is amistmatch between SDP Attributes

Rob Maxwell maxwell.robert at tx.rr.com
Sat Aug 28 14:33:32 UTC 2010

I believe those parms are "declarative" meaning they are sent to inform the other user of what the senders capabilities are for  T.38. The receiver should "NOT" fail a call based on mismatch of those values. The 0 in the image port is important because that is canceling the stream and there should be no further communication on that stream. In my experience, which is not that great, this is seen when there are 2 "m-line" descriptors in SDP as is seen in T.38 annex E support.