[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Account

Umang umang2382 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 19:17:16 UTC 2010

I used to work for a very large telecommunications company (ISP).  After
months of research, testing, and deliberation, it was decided that Fax would
be implemented in in our residential and business networks using just the
regular RTP, without any T.38.  I believe T.38 can be used over UDP or TCP,
but for our purposes, the extra processing did not matter, our VoIP pipes
were big enough that we were fairly confident in having a very minimal, if
any, amount of lost packets.

Also, the user agent we were developing had some short comings with
responding to T.38 packets, but you might be in a different situation.  Hope
this was of some help.

Umang Patel | Communications Research Engineer | Massachusetts Institute of
Technology

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 3:34 AM, Jason Chow <myfaxcn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir, I'm looking for the Service Providers support t38 fax, Can help
> me to recommend? Thanks!

Umang