[SIPForum-discussion] No Bye Message Generated By the PBX.

Matt Vlasach matt.vlasach at pacificswell.com
Tue Sep 22 16:02:58 UTC 2009

Randy,

Check to see if authentication is failing.  I have run into an issue
where the pbx sends a bye to the carrier but the carrier challenges
the bye with an Authorization Required response. The pbx I was using
didn't know how to authorize a BYE so it would just dumbly terminate
it's rtp stream.

Check you sip traces if this is the case. If so, enable bye
authorization on your pbx (if possible) otherwise tell the carrier
that your system cannot authorize bye messages.

If absolutely no BYE is being generated by the pbx, it sounds like a
pbx issue because the pbx should always send a bye to request to
terminate the session.

Good luck!

Matt Vlasach (mobile)
Pacific Swell Networks, Inc.