[SIPForum-discussion] SpliceCom Maximiser dropping SIP Via headers (was Re: Dropping 'Via' headers a non-compliance?)

Ross Golder ross at golder.org
Tue Sep 22 13:53:38 UTC 2009

Ross Golder wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to connect a Cisco 7942G SIP handset from my home office to
>> my company's SIP-based phone system, a SpliceCom Maximiser, via a
>> local SIP proxy. However, SIP responses from the Maximiser appear to
>> have removed the 'Via' headers (and branch tag) necessary for my SIP
>> proxy to return SIP responses to the handset.
>>

> (snipped)
>
> Therefore, it is not currently possible to register a SIP endpoint to a
> SpliceCom Maximiser via a SIP proxy, due to a bug in the Maximiser SIP
> code where it does not re-transmit 'Via' headers necessary for the proxy
> to route the response back to the endpoint correctly.
>
 > (snipped)

UPDATE: SpliceCom provided a patch, which our reseller applied to our
Maximiser SIP proxy earlier. This fixed the missing 'Via' header problem
and allowed my phone to register via my proxy. It's not a release-ready
patch, and things are still not working perfectly, but their swift
response to my previous report means I'm now more confident that their
remaining SIP issues will be resolved in a reasonable timeframe.

So, thanks SpliceCom - keep up the good work!

--
Ross