[SIPForum-discussion] Query - 405 For BYE

DEEPAK SHARMA deepaksharma06 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 03:59:24 UTC 2009

Hello Sumeet,

Have you confirmed that your UAS does not support SIP BYE message. As BYE
message conveys the release of session (which is important part of call).
I think BYE should come under some mandatory supported messages. So Stack
should support BYE.

And if BYE is supported in your stack then UAS is showing correct behavior.

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Sumeet Bhardwaj <
sumeet_bhardwaj at persistent.co.in> wrote:

>  Hello All,
>

> If application does not support SIP BYE request and if it receives BYE
> request then should it reply back with 405 Method Not Supported or 481
> Call-leg/Transaction does not exist response?
>
> Current behavior is that it is replying back with 481. I think, it should
> reply back with 405 because for request like SUBSCRIBE which is not
> supported by application, it is replying back with 405 response.
>

> Please let me know what should be behavior of application in this case
>

> Thanks
>
> -Sumeet
>

> DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential
> information which is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended
> only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If
> you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain,
> this message. Persistent Systems Ltd. does not accept any liability for
> virus infected mails.

Thanks
Deepak Sharma