[SIPForum-discussion] problem in receiving the 200 ok response for INVITE request

Amit Bansal amitbansal3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 12:00:30 UTC 2009

I am creating a simple proxy server using the SIP servlet.
@Override
    protected void doInvite(SipServletRequest request) throws
ServletException, IOException
    {
       if(request.isInitial())
            {
                logger.info("sending request to user using the proxy");
                Proxy proxy = request.getProxy();
                proxy.setRecordRoute(true);
                proxy.setSupervised(true);
                proxy.proxyTo(request.getRequestURI());
            }
   }

   @Override
    protected void doResponse(SipServletResponse response) throws
ServletException, IOException
    {
       super.doResponse(response);
    }

When I am trying to call using the x-lite softphone which is behind the NAT
to other softphone ( X-Lite ) then INVITE request is sent successfully and
also SIP 180 response is received by the softphone.

but 200 ok is not received by the caller softphone (also their is no log of
receiving the 200 ok response on server). Due to this after some time
request timeout occur and call is disconnected.

both softphone are in different network and behind the NAT. If both
softphone is in same network then application works fine.

I have also tried using the stun server(stun.ekiga.net) but problem is not
solved.

Please help me to remove this problem.

--
Thanks