[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Security

Nguyen Duc Hoang sizer86 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 10:32:48 UTC 2009

Hi,everybody!

When Subscriber A calls a SIP call to Subscriber B.
A                                MiM                               Proxy
---------------------INVITE---------------------->
<----------------------401-------------------------
-------------------------ACK--------------------->
     one week later           ---INVITE(credentials)-->
                                      <-------180 ringing-------

A MITM captures all messages from A then uses its parameter to take an unauthorized call. I don't know how he can captures all messages (In real conditions - because i read that threat in a document about AT&T network). I also don't know what fields does he have to take information, why must to be that fields and why the attacker can be accepted by the proxy after 1 week?

Can you explain it for me?

      Cảm giác an toàn hơn khi online. Nâng cấp lên Internet Explorer 8 mới, an toàn hơn,tối ưu hóa cho Yahoo!. Hoàn toàn miễn phí. Tải IE8 tại đây!
http://downloads.yahoo.com/vn/internetexplorer/