[SIPForum-discussion] Unknown method behaviour for redirect server.

Samir Patni samir_patni at persistent.co.in
Sat Nov 7 10:11:04 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,

I am little confused over redirect server behaviour for unknown methods. I can see following alternatives.

1. Respond with "501 Not Implemented"
2. Ignore it completely.

I think the 1 should be the way to go.

Also I am confused on what the RFC intends mentioning about "method names" from following statement.

" Redirect servers MUST ignore features that are not understood (including unrecognized header fields, any unknown option tags in Require,
or even method names) and proceed with the redirection of the request in question. "

Any clarifications on the above is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Samir Patni

DISCLAIMER
==========
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20091107/8b491b93/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list