[SIPForum-discussion] [Sip Discussion] Info needed on Outbound Proxy

chethan prakash chethan.ps at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 08:11:59 UTC 2009

Hello All,

Please clarify the following doubts,
1) How UA will identify if it's first hop is Outbound Proxy or not?
2) If UA gets to know it's first hop is Outbound proxy what is the expected
behaviour?
3) When first UA's first hop is Outbound Proxy is there any requirement that
it should send all further requests to that proxy even though we receive
remote party's contact address in 200 OK of INVITE? If so, please share the
RFC section.

Kindly let me know if any more information is needed.

Regards,
Chethan