[SIPForum-discussion] capability query and Invitation procedure

Samir Patni samir_patni at persistent.co.in
Sun May 24 10:15:15 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Media capablities could be found using INVITE too but sometimes the UAC would be interested to know the signalling capablities of the far end/intermediate network elements.

1. What all message types are supported by the UAS or some intermediatory network element.
ex->
Accept: application/sdp;level=1, application/x-private, text/html

2. Which message encodings is understood at the far end.
ex->
Accept-Encoding: gzip

3.  preferred languages for reason phrases, session descriptions, or
status responses carried as message bodies in the response.
ex->

4: What all extentions are supported.
ex->
Supported: 100rel

5: set of methods supported by the UA
ex->
Allow: INVITE, ACK, OPTIONS, CANCEL, BYE, PRACK

Thanks and Regards,
Samir Patni