[SIPForum-discussion] Choosing the best response. Clarification needed

Tomasz Zieleniewski tzieleniewski at gmail.com
Wed May 13 12:09:58 UTC 2009

Hi,

I think You have mistaken the completed with terminated state.
When proxy receives 300-699 response this causes a proxy client transaction
transition to completed state. In which for unreliable transport it starts D
timer
in order to generate ACK for transaction response retransmissions.
When D timer fires transaction transitions to completed state. (proxy
removes any associated resources)
Keep in mind that this a per transaction behavior. When there is forking at
the proxy
if the response is not 6xx or 200 then proxy sends final response when all
transaction end.

Kind regards,
- Tomasz Zieleniewski