[SIPForum-discussion] Passing several 2xx responses to servertransaction

Tomasz Zieleniewski tzieleniewski at gmail.com
Mon May 4 08:01:19 UTC 2009

Hi again,

Well in this case this more an implementation specific question.
You must keep in mind that in INVITE transaction if the response is 200 OK
then ACK is not considered part of the INVITE transaction and that is why
transaction passes into terminated state.
Because of the importance of delivering 200 OK response,
it is periodically passed directly to the transport and sent until ACK
arrives.
If there is finally no ACK session is considered confirmed by should be
immediately
terminated with BYE.

Proxy and UAC behavior with 200 OK response is different and
this is the reason why it is not handled in the transaction layer.
UAC just retransmitts ACK, proxy whenever it's transport layer receives a
and there is no matching to a client transaction, passes responses directly
to the core
this case a proxy core. After that proxy core forwards response upstream
towards UAC statelessly.

Kind regards,
Tomasz