[SIPForum-discussion] The process sequence

Shmulik Basan sbasan at 10levels.com
Fri Jun 19 22:34:55 UTC 2009

Hi,

No, it's not needed.
183 session progress define the media and therefore RTP can pass so user
will hear the ringback tone as media.
When remote side answer the call the call will continue in the same MEDIA as
before.

Usually, in order to save BW then 183 will (and should) reserve the path and
define the media and 180 will alert the other side to start playing
"ringback" tone locally

Regards,
Shmulik Basan