[SIPForum-discussion] Difference between SIP Dialogue and SIPSession

vinoth.natarajan at wipro.com vinoth.natarajan at wipro.com
Fri Jun 19 04:21:15 UTC 2009

Yes, a Dialog ID is composed of Call ID, Remote Tag and Local tag. When
an INVITE is sent we have the Local tag and Call ID.
The moment we get Remote Tag in 200 OK or 18x a DIALOG is established. A
Remote tag in 18x is called Early Dialog.

Guess, only INVITE, REFER and SUBSCRIBE are the Dialog creating methods