[SIPForum-discussion] SIP option live example

Shakil, Rashid rshakil at covad.com
Thu Jul 16 18:05:55 UTC 2009

We are peering with multiple SIP peers and our SBC sends SIP OPTIONs to remote peer SBC. The peer SBC responds with 200 OK and that's the way our SBC knows the state (if its accessible or not) of remote SBC . If remote SBC doesn't respond to SIP OPTION messages my SBC mark that peer as out of service and start sending calls to other available peers in the route.

Regards,

Rashid Shakil