[SIPForum-discussion] Silence suppression attribute basedonrfc3108

Herve Jourdain herve.jourdain at mstarsemi.com
Wed Jul 8 14:28:28 UTC 2009

Hi,

RFC 4856 (it obsoletes RFC 3555) defines the Media Type registrations of
Payload formats for RTP AV profile.
It includes the OPTIONAL PARAMETERS for those media types, including the
ones you seem to be looking for.
As described in this document, if the "annexb" parameter is omitted, "yes"
is implied.
For G723, if the "annexa" parameter is omitted, "yes" also is implied.

Regards,

Herve