[SIPForum-discussion] Cannot register with SIP server

Tomasz Zieleniewski tzieleniewski at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 11:42:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

If You are able to debug Your UAC application then You can find out if the
problem lies on UAC side or not.
Perhaps when UAC initiates SIP request it sends it through random port in
such case there can be some sort
of limitation for that.
If You say that there is a session established ("auto played voice msg
within a few seconds")
then there can be for instance a NAT or firewall issue between UAC and SIP
Server.
Keep in mind that when You use UDP there is no socket opened, just datagrams
between ports.
I suggest trying to check if the server is really listening on the SIP port
to which You are trying to connect.
U can use a great nmap tool to do that both for UDP and TCP.

Kind regards,
- Tomasz Zieleniewski